Tuesday 12 July 2011

Survival of the moment

I Woke up this morning a bit fragile after working late, had a tempo session at klapperkop planned – and I thought: how am I going to make this day?with training, work, dinner etc.? The mountain looked way too high from down where I was! These past few days I have also been thinking about the idea of staying in the moment, whatever that moment is, in order to be in a better mood in general. It has been proven that people who are totally ‘in’ the moment, whatever they are doing at the time, are generally happier than people who are not.

So trying to put these two together in one head – I realised that one should not think too far ahead in general, ie that presentation, that meeting, that big training session. All one needs to do is think about the moment you are in, and maybe the one after that!you only need to have energy for whatever you are doing next. This way you will stay present (where the grass is generally greener) and take each day piece by piece; however big it might be!

No comments:

Post a Comment